Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!!!!

For Kayla's birthday I offered to make her office treat for her, I went with some hostess cupcakes. I just used a cake mix for my chocolate cupcakes....because well this is straight from a box and still rocks :) I love Duncan Hines as my favorite, so I went with devil's food.


I baked them as usual and then prepared the white cream filling.

Vanilla Cream Filling

3 tbsp vegetable shortening, room temperature
3 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup light corn syrup
I then scooped the filling into my handy dandy ketchup looking bottle :) it worked perfect for putting the cream in the cupcakes!




You then attempt to get the icing to look as close to Hostess as you can :)

and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment